Instagram

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pharrell's G I R L


It's here! It's here! Pharrell's newest album G I R L that was released yesterday is only his second album as a solo artist (and it's been 8 whole years). We've all jammed to the catchy songs that he's featured in including "Get Lucky" and "Blurred Lines" and even his pre released hit "Happy," but the songs on this new album show a new and different side to Pharrell. He is truly expressing his individuality. The best way that I can describe the songs on G I R L is feel good. Each song has a steady beat and rhythm. It definitely has that smooth R&B taste, and in my opinion, a little old school feel (which I am all about). The old school vibe was clearly represented during his Oscar's performance with the accompaniment of the high school choir decked out in vintage inspired sweaters, prints, and bright colors. The release of this album has made me that much more excited to see Pharrell live at Coachella in April. These songs are electric, and I have a feeling that this just might be the album of the Summer.


Purchase G I R L here!


Some of my other favorites include Brand New (featuring Justin Timberlake), Come Get It Bae, It Girl and Gush

1 comment:

Let's hear it!